Last updated: 15.08.2018
NECTAIN B.V. (hereinafter referred to as “We” or “Us” or “Our”) respects your privacy and processes your personal data as a data controller in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
of this Privacy Poicy.
and persons who have subscribed to Our newsletters. Further, information may be provided where necessary when You apply for/subscribe/use a specific service of NECTAIN B.V.
carefully to get the full understanding of Our mechanisms of privacy protection.
Please also note that Our Website is directed only to individuals who are at least 16 years old and have a right to provide Us their personal data. If We become aware that We have collected personal data from individuals under age of 16 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
- WHO ARE WE?
NECTAIN B.V. (the company registered in the Netherlands with the Chamber of Commerce under the KVK-number 71590242) owns this website. The full name and the address of NECTAIN’s principal place of business are as follows:
Claude Debussylaan 10
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Visitors to Our website are generally in control of the personal data, which they share with us.
The list of personal data, which we may process includes:
We kindly ask You not to provide any sensitive information when You use Our website in any way
- person’s name;
- the name of the company, whom the person represents;
- email address;
- other personal information that person may actively provide to Us in correspondence, by telephone, application through the section Career, messages though the sections Contact us, Let’s Talk, Leave feedback.
- HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL DATA?
When a visitor of Our website provides personal data to Us, we use them for the purposes for which they were provided to Us as stated at the point of collection or is obvious from the context of the collection. We may collect personal data to:
- maintain communication, assist, answer requests, enquire for further information, evaluate if we can offer a service and on which conditions, handle orders and inform of changes to Our services;
- to recruit staff: to evaluate whether the application of the application matches for the role in Our firm that is currently vacant or may be vacant in the future, communication to conduct interview or to organize one, reporting of the results;
- perform customer management, handle complaints, conduct satisfaction surveys, management of claims, provision of the after-sales service;
- analyze information for statistical, historical, scientific (research and development) objectives;
- aggregate data for website analytics, administration and improvement;
- personalize Our offerings;
- distribute reference materials;
- deliver information about Our products, services and offers (marketing).
ebsite does not collect or compile personal data for the dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties. If there will be a need to conduct such actions the visitor will be asked for their consent beforehand.
- LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
We will process personal data of visitors of Our website based on or more of the following legal grounds:
- consent of the visitor;
- compliance with Our legal obligations;
- Our legitimate business interests, e.g. for recording of Our visitors consents, personalizing Our offerings to them, development of marketing campaigns, production of statistics and researches, improvement and personalization of visitors experience during their usage of Our website, sharing the data with Our affiliated entities, if you are/are to become a client of that entity.
Our legitimate business interests do not override interests of visitors of Our website – we will not process personal data for activities where Our interests are overridden by the impact on Our visitors (unless We have obtained their consent or We are required or permitted to process them by law).
- RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA. WHEN AND HOW DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA?
To fulfill the purposes for processing, which are described above, we only disclose personal data of visitors of Our website to authorized employees or contractors of Nectain B.V., with whom we have a regular relationship.
However, personal data held by Us may be transferred to:
– Our affiliated companies (in which Nectain B.V. holds more than 50% of the shares) and commercial partners (for administrative purposes and provision of services), that could be indicated as such as they are clearly stated in Our website, advertisements or due to their usage of Our name/logos/trademark;
– third-party organisations that provide Us with functionality, data processing, hosting or other IT services.
Personal data may be transferred outside the countries where visitors of Our website are located. If this cross-border transfer shall include countries outside the European Economic Area and states, which were not declared by the European Commission as those, that provide an adequate level of data protection, We shall use legal transfer mechanisms (contracts based on the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses or with parties certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield, on the basis of derogation for a specific situation).
Besides, in certain circumstances, We may provide personal data of Our visitors to governmental or regulatory agencies, but only when we are obliged to do so by law.
- DATA RETENTION
We keep personal data in any event for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes for which they have been collected. If the personal data is no longer relevant, We may archive the data, with an aim to comply with Our legal obligations, anonymize or securely delete them.
In this context, the personal data of subscribers to Our newsletters are kept during the whole period of their subscription. The personal data of persons, who fill out Our contact form/ send us an email/ makes a phone call, is retained until We have adequately dealt with their question/ request, and one year after that, to answer any additional questions. The personal data of candidates, that were provided to Us for recruitment purposes are kept for as long as necessary to evaluate the application. We may ask for the additional consent of the applicants to retain such data for some time after the end of the selection process. The data of Our employees shall be kept as long as it is necessary to fulfill Our legal retention duties.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXCERCISE THEM
Under the European General Data Protection Regulation, individuals have some rights concerning their data and the processing thereof:
The right to access
: You can obtain information relating to the processing of your personal data by Us, and a copy of such personal data.
The right to rectify
: if You consider that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, You can require from Us such personal data be modified or completed accordingly without undue delay.
The right to erasure or to be forgotten
: You can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law.
The right to withdraw the consent
: Where We process personal data based on consent, You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time and, where there is no legal ground for processing, We shall erase your personal data.
The right to restrict
: You can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. Further this data may be processed with the data subject’s consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
The right to object
: You can object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time. In such a case, your personal data shall not be processed, unless We will demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes
, You always have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
If You subsequently choose to stop to receive information from Us, You may inform Us about that at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in a footer of any of Our email messages, by contacting us via the contact form on Our website or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to data portability
: You have the right to receive from Us the personal data provided by You, which is processed based on consent or on a contract with Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance.
At this moment, We do not apply automated decision-making tools
, which is based solely on automated processing, including profiling that could produce legal or other significant effects on Our visitors. If We will start to use one, We will inform them about the logic involved, significance and consequences of such processing.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights, which are stated above, please send Us an email to email@example.com
We shall provide You the information on actions taken on your request within 1 (one) month of its receipt. That period may be extended by 2 (two) further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We shall inform You within 1(one) month of receipt of the request of any such extension, together with the reasons for the delay or the reasons for not taking any actions.
You can exercise all your rights free of charge, and only if your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive We may charge You a reasonable fee or to refuse to act on such request.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint
Besides with a competent national Data Protection Authority. In The Netherlands, this is the Dutch Data Protection Authority (the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
- HOW DO WE SECURE PERSONAL DATA?
We take all commercially acceptable technical and organizational (procedural) measures to ensure confidentially and integrity of your personal data and the way it’s processed.
Our policies and standards in the field of security of Our systems may be periodically updated, in accordance with changes in legislation, our activities or market developments. However Our visitors, should realise that there are no methods of transmission over the Internet, or methods of electronic storage, which are 100% secure, and We cannot totally guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES RESOURCES OR WEBSITES
- CONTACT US
or via mail at:
Claude Debussylaan 10